Procrastination is without a doubt the ultimate enemy of success.
If you ask any entrepreneur, successful, wealthy, or educated person, they would all tell you so.
The chances of you doing something today is far greater than that of tomorrow if none all at!
If you want to be successful and accomplish your goals, then do it now.
Success doesn’t come to those who wait but take it right away.
Procrastination should be the new 8th deadliest sin but at the very first position. Ask yourself how many times you have waited to do something later when you could have done it now? I know that answer is in the hundreds if not thousands for me.
After 5 weeks of going back and forth as to whether I should be a writer and wait at least 6 months to earn income or find a 9-5 job that pays weekly/biweekly. Well, that’s obvious and I wouldn’t have traded it for a $200k yearly salary.
This crucial guide I share with you TODAY will open up all your dreams and opportunities that have been lurking inside of you for however many years. This guide will include some personal experiences of mine that may be similar to you, actions and habits from influential people, steps and things you can do or don’t do to make sure you never commit this sin again.
These are the 4 key topics that will be discussed below about procrastination:
1. Why procrastination will win every-time.
2. What famous people do or say that eliminates procrastination.
3. Procrastination is the number one enemy of success.
4. What can you do to stop procrastination?
1. Why Procrastination Will Win Every-time
1.1 Nice Chill Day
The average US person works about 35-40 hours a week. Now let’s see how many hours do movie stars, super-rich people, and entrepreneurs work per week. As you can see from the sources I’ve shared, they put 70-100 hours a week!
Is that too much? Well, no because you have to factor in a few things. Do they enjoy their job, if so one can easily work forever? (Serving god, helping the poor, teaching and educating people, and so on.) Some of them have more motivation and a very different mindset than the average people.
Ok, so what the heck does this have to do with procrastination? EVERYTHING! Do these people who put in that many hours a week even think about procrastination? No, because they are too focus and too motivated on their job (passion) to give a damn about procrastination. They don’t let things like procrastination get in their way nor does it even register in their minds.
If you work 40 hours a week and assuming you sleep 7 hours and with 3-4 hours to take care of family, kids, and other personal matter.
One can easily take half that time to improve on themselves whether that be reading, exercising, working on another job, learning new things, improving upon themselves, meditating, helping other people, getting a second job, and anything that you have ever wanted to do or dream of.
1.2 Working Long and Hard is a Must
When I became an entrepreneur back in 2016, I opened up my first retail business, after that I went to sell things online with eBay, Amazon, Shopify, and my own website. Today I live abroad in Asia still selling online with Amazon but I have learned how to do facebook ads, invest in bitcoin and cryptocurrency, started a youtube/instagram/pinterest/facebook page for my new website, and became a full-time writer as well.
I put 100’s of real working and learning hours into Shopify and Facebook ads and lost money as part of opening up a business but I learn and gained many new and valuable things. I wrote down what I was going to write about and how I wanted my website to be over a course of 6-9 months, but it wasn’t until the first week of August in 2018 was when I actually became a writer and started this website.
It’s ok to see a movie, go out, drink, smoke, relax, etc. but the problem is people think it’s ok to do those things every day or week just because they put in 40 hours of work a week.
If you really want to be successful and achieve your dreams, then long hours are not an option but a must.
1.3 Thoughts Become Action
I am 26 years old and for 24.5 years I was a procrastinator. Each day after work, I would either be smoking, drinking, watching a movie, playing video-games, or going out with friends. I worked almost every day putting in about 65 hours of work a week, but I had no kids, gf, and ate out often. That gave me so much free time and all of it was spent on pure enjoyment.
Maybe because I was still young and thought I could live forever, just like many young adults.
” This can wait I have many years left to live ” , ” Just do it another day ” , ” That can wait ” , ” Let me think about it first ” , ” What if something bad happens or it doesn’t go as plan ” , ” Is this even worth my time ” , enough already! These were the exact words that plagued my mind for years. They became so normal and actually comforting.Your thoughts became your very action. (In this case inaction)
Each time an amazing idea comes to mind or something life changing comes up; your mind starts telling itself the reasons why you should put it off. This happens over and over until it has destroyed every dream and idea that has form in your mind.So how did I stop procrastinating and start putting in 70-80 hours of quality work per week? Circumstances and the fiercest desire to be the absolute best.
You see, I had many bad times during my young adulthood, just like many of us. I was a kind and compassionate being and that was my weakness. A few people whom I thought were my closest friend or even like a family to me took complete advantage of me and left me with nothing but hatred, grudge, and pure vengeance.
There needs to be a catalyst to drive you, to unleash your dormant powers. You are either in your comfort zone, afraid of change, fear of working hard and long without success, uncertain of the unknown, fear rejection, and/or believe you are incapable of such feats.
2. What Famous People Do or Say That Eliminates Procrastination
2.1 It Only Works If You Work
Here are some successful people that put in long hours of work;
- Michael Jordan spent his offseason taking hundreds of jumpers a day until it was perfect.
Howard Schultz (Starbucks CEO) still works from home after working 13 hours a day.
Mark Cuban (Dallas Mavericks owner) hadn’t taken a vacation for seven years when beginning his 1st business.
Jeffrey Immelt (GE CEO) work for 24 years putting in 100 hours a week.
I can list 1000’s if I had the time but what is the key take away here? Just like I stated above, working long hours (and wisely too) will make you successful and get what you want. It takes about 10,000 hours to master anything of value. Some things will require more and others will require less to master.
2.2 JUST ****ING DO IT!
Dan Pena, known as the
$50,000,000 $50,000,000,000 man. (MUST WATCH INTERVIEW) He’s straight, no BS, serves it to you cold but fresh, and he has NO mercy for the weak. Some people need this type of mentor-ship because telling someone everything is going to be ok, and that cupcakes and sweet tea will help you feel better is just not going to cut it, period.
Weak people love to give themselves excuses and why they can’t do it because it gives them more time to waste more time. Hmm, I wonder where this leads to, oh yeah, nowhere! You practice this every day and guess what, you become it. You can’t get better unless you practice it, it goes both ways, for bad and good things.Let’s break it down on how successful people get s*** done!
1. They define their goals. What do they want to do and why? For me, I want to help the poor and educate the less fortunate. Why? Because I believe humanity will one day rule this universe.
2. They plan out their goals and make it down. If your goal is infinite like mine then you gotta work little by little. If it takes 50 years to reach your dreams then it takes 50 years. The only thing that matters is that you don’t give up and you start what you finish.
3. They don’t let their negative and bad emotions control them. Humans thrive on emotions. Why do we eat what we want, drink what we want? Because it tastes and feels good. I’m a vegetarian and trust me, meat taste 10x better but I don’t let my emotions control want I eat. Learning to control your emotions is extremely hard, and probably harder for a woman, I’m not bias or anything but here’s a source. Women can handle stress and pain much better than us men though. It takes practice to control your emotions.
4. They think long terms. Many of us fall for the get rich now, be a millionaire in 60 seconds, lose 500 pounds in 2 hours, sleep with 80 women tonight, blah blah blah. And you know what’s sad, they actually believe it and paid money for this BS. Nothing in life is easy but existing. If you want something you must work for it and work for it for a long time. How far can you push yourself?
5. They keep learning. Education and knowledge is the foundation to anything. How are humans able to invent and make new things every day? Someone had to take their time to learn and make it. Learning will not only improve your mind but make you more creative and wiser. I love learning new things all the time.
3. Procrastination Is the Number One Enemy of Success
3.1 Reach Your Goal Faster
If my American mother had one good trait, it would be that she never put off anything for tomorrow if she was able to do it today. She owned a landscape business and boy did we work. The more we work the more money we (she) got.
When you have this type of business, your income depends on how much you work. If actors and directors wanted to finish a movie quickly, then they must work overtime, all the time.
Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich), Dan Pena, Elon Musk, and many other influential leaders know this one secret. You sacrifice 10-40 years of your life working your ass off to achieve your dreams. Afterwards it’s just play.
Do you hunger for success?
3.2 The Meaning of Success
This is why they are enemies and fate cannot be any crueler. How can I simplify and make this more transparent? When you think more about success and crave the desire to accomplish your goals, procrastination will slowly erase itself from your mind, thoughts, and actions.
If you want to start a new garden, you have to remove the roots and the whole plant completely or it will grow back or even damage the new plants. If you want success, there must not be even one thought of procrastination.
4. What Can You Do to Stop Procrastination
4.1 One Step at a Time
” It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. ” – Confucius
No matter how big or small the goal is, you can never accomplish it if you don’t even take the first step. Do you have a goal that even the universe cannot stop you or one that newborns are able to accomplish? If your goal is vast and you absolutely desire to achieve it, then what’s it going to take?
Procrastination is out of the question, for sure! Failure, mistakes, stress, the thought of giving up will be the new poison that clouds your mind and actions but they are allies to success. A friend of my friend is an enemy of my enemy. You usually hear it the other way but this too has sense.
Think about this for a moment. Out of all the times that you put your energy into procrastination if you had put that energy into fulfilling your goals, who knows where you could have been today.
I really like quotes because they always have a meaning to them and usually the ones who quote the quote has done something significant to be deserving of that quote.
Here are some quotes to help you beat the crap out of procrastination and throw it down hill;
1. “A task left undone remains undone in two places — at the actual location of the task, and inside your head. Incomplete tasks in your head consume the energy of your attention as they gnaw at your conscience.” – Brahma Kumaris
2. “Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!” – Donald Gardner
3. “Doing just a little bit during the time we have available puts you that much further ahead than if you took no action at all.” – Byron Pulsifer
4. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work” – Stephen King
5. “Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy, carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.” – Denis Waitley
6. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
7. “Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Edward Young
Here are 77 positive affirmations that will surely make your heart pump and get you going, but you should try to read it every day.
4.2 The Future of My What If(s)
Let’s say for instance that your “what if” became a reality. You actually took the steps and did what you had to in order to reach your goals. Assuming it takes 5 years to accomplish your goal, which was to speak Spanish or Japanese fluently.
Today, that filth year has come and you actually speak fluent Spanish. You love the culture, people, language, and maybe even want a lover from that culture. How has your life changed? You met more people, you can travel and experience a whole new world, maybe a new job or home opens up, more opportunity enters your life, and so forth.
Do you feel not only amazing but super relief that your long life goal was accomplished? Or do you prefer to dream every day and night of speaking another fluent language only to let your life wither away along with your dreams? There will be a time when you dream your last dream.
Only you can know that answer but more importantly, decide your outcome.
5. Thank You
Thank you for taking the time to read this article about procrastination. I hope you’ve learned something from this. Please share and you can even use it on your own website or social media, just credit my website.
Please leave a comment, let others know, and a good star rating (It helps Google find us and ranks us on search engines). I enjoy reading and answering every comment and want to spread my knowledge and value to others.